How to remove shadows from my scans
Genius Scan automatically enhances your scans to turn them into clean and nice-looking documents.
Here are some tips to make sure that your scans are free of shadows like:
- the silhouettes of your phone and your hands – especially when the light source is behind you
- the shades of curved corners
- the marks of staple holes
Enhance your scans in black-and-white
You can choose which enhancement to apply to each of page, in order to find the best filter
Find the best conditions
- Choose an evenly and well-lighted environment
- Tilt your phone flat. This way the document will be evenly visible to the camera and the perspective correction will preserve most of the document details
- Try disabling or enabling your camera flash
- Move your head, hand and phon so that they don't project a direct shadow on your document.
For more recommendations, check out our article on How to improve the scan quality?