Can Genius Scan recognize the text in my scans?
Text Recognition is disabled by default. You first need to enable it in the Settings.
Text Recognition enables you to:
- Index and search the content of your documents.
- Create searchable PDFs – when OCR is enabled, your exported PDFs will include a text layer which means that you will be able to copy their text.
- Extract metadata from your scans and particularly business cards
- Create contacts from business cards (or name the document based on the contact name).
- Extract and locate places and addresses.
- Call phone numbers detected in the scan.
- Rename a document based on a date detected in the scan.
- Share the text content of a document by exporting it as a text file.
Text Recognition (that you might also know as OCR, short for Optical Character Recognition) is available as part of Genius Scan Plus and Genius Scan Ultra.