Are my documents backed up?
By default, Genius Scan only stores your scans on your device.
Genius Cloud is the solution we designed to fit our users' backup needs best. It is available as part of the Genius Scan Ultra plan.
Do you want Genius Scan to automatically back up your documents and ensure you can access them anywhere? We recommend that you subscribe to Genius Scan Ultra to Create a Genius Cloud account. Genius Scan will automatically save your documents in our secure cloud service and let you access your scans from the web or any mobile device.
- Back up your entire phone to iTunes or iCloud (iOS only). We recommend setting up iCloud backups since this will make sure your phone is always backed up. If you lose or change your phone, you will restore this backup on a new phone. Make sure that you have not excluded Genius Scan from the iCloud backups. The drawback compared to Genius Cloud is that this makes a complete copy of your phone, and you cannot access individual app's data.
- Backup Genius Scan documents manually (Android only). You can create manual backups of your Genius Scan documents and settings. This generates a file containing all your scans and settings, which can be quickly restored in Genius Scan for Android. You will have to create backups regularly and keep them somewhere safe – either on a different device or in a remote storage service (e.g., Google Drive).
- Auto-export your documents to another cloud service. For instance, you can send your documents to Dropbox so that your documents remain accessible in the Dropbox application if you ever lose or change your phone.
Comparison of the different solutions
The table below presents each solution and whether or not they handle specific backup/restore scenarios:
- Automated backup: backup happens without you having to take manual action.
- Transfer to a new device: if you get a new device, you can transfer your data to your new device. Warning: you need to have a backup performed.
- Accidental device loss: you lost your phone and need to set up a new device with your existing data.
- Accidental deletion of Genius Scan: the app was accidentally deleted from your phone, and you need to recover your scans.
- Accidental deletion of a document: a document is accidentally deleted from your Genius Scan, and you need to recover it.
- Access your documents from anywhere: your documents are lost, and you need to quickly access them without getting a new iOS or Android device first.
- Two-way sync: data is synced in Genius Scan between all your devices.
|| Automated backup
|| Transfer to new device
|| Accidental device loss
|| Accidental app deletion
|| Accidental document deletion
|| Access your documents from anywhere
|| Two-way sync
| iCloud Backup