Privacy & security
In a nutshell, your documents are only stored on your device by default but you have the options to
- send them by email
- export them to other apps and services
- have your Genius Scan data included in your phone backups
- backup and synchronize your documents between devices with Genius Cloud
If you have any question regarding your rights and the protection of your data, please contact us at email@example.com.
Genius Scan for Enterprise
Business and individuals who handle sensitive information can use Genius Scan Enterprise to securely capture and transmit documents. This special edition of Genius Scan comes with extra safeguards to further protect users' and organization's data:
- The application can be deployed to a fleet of devices through any Mobile Device Management software
- Administrators can restrict sharing options to chose where users can export their documents
- Organizations can also pre-configure Genius Scan, e.g to set up users' credentials so they can securely transmit document to the company-owned servers)
- All premium features are automatically enabled – no need for end-users to upgrade to Genius Scan+
- Licenses can be purchased in bulk through Apple's Volume Purchase Program
- Like the standard edition of Genius Scan, all scanning operations are performed locally (on the user's device)
Genius Scan SDK
The Genius Scan SDK allows developers to integrate the document scanner directly into their applications, so that end-users can capture scans from any app without having to install Genius Scan. This allows organizations to have full control over the look and feel of the scanner, but also to decide how the documents are stored and transmitted.
All our applications and services are fully covered by the General Data Protection Regulation.
Although this regulation went into effect on May 2018 to strengthen privacy laws and make privacy a fundamental human right for individuals within the EU and EEA, we offer this level of data protection to all our users worldwide.