Genius Scan is stuck updating. How do I solve that?
Rarely, the App Store might get stuck during an app update and this might affect Genius Scan. The Genius Scan icon will be showing a loading indicator and never make progress.
Here are a couple reasons why this could be happening:
- Your phone is downloading some other content (Podcasts, iTunes U, Videos, other applications…) and are stuck on them. The phone is waiting for those to finish before updating Genius Scan.
- You don't have any free space on your device.
- Your network connection is very slow.
This problem can affect any application as it is related to the App Store and we don't have any specific control on the update process. Here are a couple ways to fix this issue that we have gathered:
Never delete Genius Scan in that case. You would loose all the documents stored in it.
- Make sure you have some free space on your device.
- Make sure you are on a good Wifi connection
- Check that there are no large ongoing download that would need to finish first before Genius Scan is updated (eg. a video or podcast).
- Toggle automatic app updates on and off in the App Store settings.
- Restart your device.
- Hard restart your device (hold the Home and Power button at the same time for a little while).
- Log out of your iTunes account, and then log back in the App Store app.
If none of these solutions work, we recommend contacting the App Store support. Again, beware deleting Genius Scan and reinstalling it isn't a good solution especially if you have important documents stored in it.